Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Launching Paintings... PULL!

Well I caved. Or... I stepped it up.  I guess that all depends on how you look at things.  So far I'm still poor as I haven't gotten any nibbles on jobs, but I do have all my art supplies and a few paintings that are done.  So I'm going to take pictures of them all and put them up on the free version of Artfire (if you look around they kind of trick you into thinking there is only the pro version but I'm on to them...).  So on my design page of this blog I'll have a widget (with any luck) linking directly to my Artfire studio.  That way, if you're just curious or if you're interested you can take a peek at what I've been doing or have done. 

It also looks like I may be showing at the Cambridge Drive Concert Series in Santa Barbara at some point.  Look for that if you live in SB (P.S. my dad's booking for it and he has AMAZING taste in music so it is BOUND to be a really good set of shows).

Once you see some of my work, please let me know if you have any good ideas of galleries and places to show.  I'm particularly interested in cafes.  My art goal at the moment is to get my work into a boutique hotel.  Anyone who knows a cool hotel or inn I can court is encouraged to pipe up.  If I get anything that big, believe me there will be fringe benefits for the connector.  I will love you forever.

So today is going to be spent taking pictures of pictures... and then uploading them.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. our first show is Oct 1 at 7:30... Bev Barnett & Greg Newlon with opener Rebecca Troon. It will be a GREAT show.
    and we will try to have art on the walls at every show... including some of Alexis' work at some point. She panted and donated to the church an amazing Stations of the Cross which you can see at my blog so they will be up in the spring (but not for sale). We'll also have some for sale work at another time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dad! :-) P.S. Everyone needs to know the Artfire studio is now up... yes it's in its infancy so there are not very many pieces for sale just yet but I will upload even work that is not for sale to give you ideas (you may see something you like and I would be happy to paint something just for you!).

    Check it out on my Art & Design page!

    ReplyDelete