Monday, October 11, 2010

Food dreams

Lately I've been adjusting how I live. This is an easier thing to do after you have a major life change like moving. Most people have a hard time making changes at all, a large external force is the catalyst they need. I'm no exception.

In the last couple weeks I've been making an effort to be a bit healthier by balancing my food and activity levels. Most Americans eat too much of the wrong stuff and aren't active. That's what makes people fat. Seeing myself in the mirror, I decided I needed a change. Not just a temporary jump start, but a directional change in my health. This meant tracking. Luckily for me I have this application in my phone that actually lets me track everything - calories, nutrients, weight, exercise, even my daily caloric requirements. I won't lie. This is hard for me. I'm not good at finishing things or sticking with things. Even things I enjoy tend to get shunted for new ideas and projects. It's been an issue in every aspect of my life and a constant struggle.

You would think that tracking wouldn't make a difference, but it does. I have to put entries into my app. I have to figure out ways to be active during the day, or it screws up the tracker. Even my stomach rumbling doesn't bother me as much. You see, I'm teaching myself patience too.

When I have to think about what I'm eating, it causes this chain reaction. I think about how much, how often, and what kinds of things I'm putting into my body. This is the actual secret to Weight Watchers. They had the tracker long before everyone else. They just put their spin on it. I'll stick to my phone application that gives me real time information.

The only down side is at the moment, I wake up hungry. However, the good thing is that an apple and hot chocolate make me feel super full. Who knew?
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment