Tuesday, July 10, 2012

From Word to Action

One of the things I've recently begun thinking about is causes. There are a lot of things wrong in the world and just as many organizations working to make things better. As a writer, I talk about many different issues with my books. The more I thought about it, the more I realized it would be great to connect with organizations addressing issues I raise in my writing.
Some of the issues I want to research more are: climate change, organic farming, sexual abuse, mediation, reconciliatory justice, and gender equality. These connect to major themes and ideas in my books. I'd like to build relationships with organizations focused on these things. Since there are so many, I'm going to come up with specific requirements to limit the list.
Once I've determined the list of organizations, I hope to work with them to help further their respective causes.
If you have suggestions for organizations working on these issues, please feel free to comment here or tweet me. While I have an interest in the Bay area, I'm not completely attached to it (depending on the projects etc). We all need to do our part to make the planet a better place, no matter where we are!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment