Thursday, September 9, 2010

Retro v. Techno, Alexis style: Take 2

It's hard to find good musical partners.  There is a courtship process, just as there is with friends and lovers.  In music it can be more difficult because of  "creative difference." That's short hand for too big egos butting against each other due to contrary vision.  If visions or personalities don't mesh, it just won't work. I kept this in mind when pursuing my musical partner.

So I went to Berkeley - land of students, mom & pop shops, organic produce, and parking that without a permit can only last 2 hours. I met my techno collaborator, who is cool and from India.  We bonded instantly over music and Indian culture.  It was awesome!  We also had a lot of the same thoughts and ideas about the direction of music while he taught me a little more about the nuances of techno vocals and how they're different than vocals in other genres.

Next week we're going to try to do some recording. So far so good. Once the track is up and out and available I'll link to it etc.  With any luck, it will go well and we'll work on some other music together.

No comments:

Post a Comment