Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Thoughts

I woke up this morning feeling like I had been hit by a Mack truck.  Not really sure why this was, seeing as I haven't been hit by any speeding vehicles ever (knock on wood). I didn't drink last night.  I didn't do anything else that would otherwise place me under the weather.  Maybe it was the cool temperatures combined with my extra warm comforter that kicked my allergies into high gear rendering it impossible for me to smell anything and therefore taste anything.  Maybe I just didn't get enough sleep.

Whatever the case, I woke up a zombie.  I made myself some breakfast and a giant mug of some strong tea and I took up my usual place in front of the computer.  Facebook, friend of introverts, the socially awkward and networking climbers, was up so I decided I would check my profile page.  My profile had been SWARMED by birthday wishes.  It was absolutely awesome.  Last night I actually got some private messages from some people and yesterday I got some cards in the mail.  Needless to say, the long line of well wishes totally brightened my world today.

Because of the effect it had on me, I figured I would remind everyone how important it is to share positive thoughts and well wishes in the world and with each other.  It doesn't take very much time, and it makes someone's day.  Smiles are good, jokes with the person behind the counter at the DMV, whatever you do that will make someone's life a little better is a huge thing.  Who knows how it will impact the world? Maybe a better choice will be made.  Maybe we avoid nuclear holocaust. Maybe someone decides life is worth living and stays with us for several more decades.

The fact of the matter is, happy thoughts really can make you fly. So fly, and give someone else a boost too.  It's a great idea.  You'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

  1. i am sorry you woke up feeling yucky on your bday!! hope you start feeling better AND HAVE A GREAT REST OF YOUR DAY!!!

    BTW, i think you meant mack truck not mac. i dont think apple has an ap for hitting people with trucks! hee hee

    ReplyDelete