|image credit: jobhuntersbible.com|
When I wasn't doing the inventory for myself, I was helping Christian go through it.
Now most people would think I know what I want or where I want to go, and before this week, I would agree with those people wholeheartedly. Today I would say a week ago I didn't know myself - or not as well as I thought I did, anyway.
Originally we got the book out of the library for Christian to figure himself out (seeing as we're still in a transition period as a family). I thought I would go through the process myself because I was curious, and it's always a good idea to take stock of yourself every now and then. Who knows? You may have changed in the last few years. It happens.
So I did, and frankly the results surprised me. Okay, the geography portion didn't, but my top values did (in order of priority):
- Acting on gut reactions in creative situations or with new people
- Speaking to groups of people or in intimate situations
- Being in front of an audience, leading a workshop, or performing music/drama
- Inventing/creating fictional stories, organizations & manuals/guides that address issues
- Designing curriculum on a variety of subjects, sculptures,home furniture, plans & processes for organizations.
- Writing personal blogs and articles, fantasy and scifi novels, and short stories
What are your thoughts? Have you gone through an inventory process? Were there any surprises? What were your conclusions? Leave a comment below!