Monday, August 30, 2010

Type: writer

I am all about tests.  All those goofy things you see in mags and on websites and networking sites - yes, I like those.  Even more than those I like personality tests like MBTI.  I fell into a hole for two years and it took a move and sitting with a laptop in front of me 70+ hours a week.  Through a process of self discovery I came to several conclusions, one was, that I have no idea who I became in the past few years so I needed to spend some time figuring that out.  The biggest conclusion I came to was I needed to write.

I figured out I was a writer because I do it all the time, even if it isn't in this format.  You know you're doing the thing you are meant to do when it's fun and comes naturally and makes you happy.  Yes, it will sometimes be work and feel poopy, but at least you're doing something you love.

I finally realized I needed to be blogging (actually as opposed to half-assing it like I had before) because I keep having thoughts about the things I've been doing or reading that just don't fit in 140 characters.  So hopefully it is enjoyable and entertaining to others.  If not, then it's cool.  It's just for me ultimately anyway...because I would do it anyway.

So this is the beginning of my adventure in public writing as a writer owning it and doing it - communicating my random and crazy thoughts for all to read and simmer over.  

That's my story.  I'm sticking to it... :-)

1 comment: