Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cowboys & Aliens - wait, what?!

I know that mash-ups are the big thing these days. You find it in music all the time. Now movies are breaking into the mix-up genre collage fun too. I don't know if it's just the fact this particular one is based on a comic, or the heavy hitting cast and production team just wanted another action flick. Maybe they think it's time to make another attempt at the story line after a series of failures (think 1994 special effects and classy Sci-Fi B film camp).

I like Daniel Craig. He's the best Bond, and not only because he looks the best without his shirt, he's a great actor. Harrison Ford is everyone's favorite action hero. That's his thing. Olivia Wilde is hot, and that's about all I know about her. Sorry, but true. So why did they decide to make this thing? I have no clue, only educated guesses. What I can tell you, the trailer on YouTube has gotten next to no views. It's not high on the list so far, even though the cast and directing team made appearances at the Con. Yeah, I don't think even the comic fans expect this to be good. But, we'll see. It could surprise us. Especially if both Olivia and Daniel have topless scenes. I would watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment