Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rubbed Raw - Hoping For Better

Worn. One word to describe my present state would be worn. Another would be raw.

Yesterday was spent driving from Phoenix to Bakersfield. Of course, things were fine, except half-way from Santa Barbara to Bakersfield we realized Christian had left his helmet in SB. When we got home, my new magazine had been coated in cleaning solution making it barely legible. That doesn't include the bills piled up waiting to be paid with our low bank account. This morning I'm supposed to start a low paying job that doesn't require any skills. This, after waking up ridiculously early because my husband's cell alarm went off at 4 am.

I think there are a few people who can identify with this situation. I would rather go home and go back to sleep. Just to sleep until I was rested would be amazing. I have a sneaking suspicion the training for this job is going to be snore inducing. After that, the job itself may also feel like a waste of time to me. Yes, it's a job. And yes, I need the money. That's why I'm doing it at all, BUT if I could get away without having to do this, I would.

So it is with a heavy heart that I sacrifice writing time, sleep, and my spiritual health for a very little bit of money. Yeah. When I put it that way it sounds like a horrible idea.

Except, I do need to eat, get places, and have air conditioning in a hot place. For those more basic needs, I have to give up more complicated ones. Having worked jobs I liked that allowed me to do things, this is a tough sell.

So help a starving artist out, buy my book. Buy a painting even. Send someone my way who wants some art lessons. I'd love to be able to do something that brought joy to people's days on a regular basis.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment