Tuesday, May 29, 2012

This Quantum Life - It's Getting Better

I have become increasingly convinced in the power of quantum physics.

Okay, take this with a grain of salt because I am a lay person and have never studied physics. But I do know this - what you expect is what will happen, once you observe it. Except it needs to cook a little first.

The physicists (along with everyone else) will be making this face now:

Frankly, I don't blame them, but let me explain.

If you put enough thought into something it will happen, because you want it to happen. The catch is, you have to be unattached. You have to care without caring. You have to let the thing sit unobserved for a while. Eventually it will happen and before you even realize it. Pretty cool, huh?

Unless you've experienced this firsthand, it's pretty unbelievable. Even when it's happening, you might not really believe it. But it is. In fact, it's sort of happening for me right now. I wanted to start putting myself out there, but I wasn't sure how it was going to work. I wanted to be active and out in the world, but that's hard to do when you only know a few people. So I put up Craigslist ads. I got a friend from that, and a professional contact as well. This past weekend a bunch of friends and family were in the area and connected both Christian and I with a few more people in the area. Every day I've had something new to do and something new to try. It's been amazing!

Alameda Canal
If you had asked me a month ago if this would happen now, I probably would have shrugged and nodded without completely believing it would happen. No, it doesn't surprise me. It is better than I expected, however. And like many things, it happened all at once.

So now I'm writing lyrics for The Brothers' soundtrack and going to work on an unrelated single. I started designing t-shirts. I'm finishing up another book. I made some new friends. I'm working out regularly. My apartment is starting to feel like home. Christian has a job he loves and is working on some of his own projects. Life is good, and it's only going to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment