Friday, August 10, 2012

8 Books Published By July 2013

I mentioned it in passing, however goals need to be clearly stated. In the spirit of blogging virtuosos the world over I decided to document my goal. I plan on publishing 8 full length novels by July 2013. Since I declared this, I've written 30k on Jeremiah (second in The Rollins Pack) and I feel like I'm off to a good start.

The key is sticking to my words per day goal. At the very minimum, I should write 2,500 words every day. I'm shooting for approximately 4,500. My word counts are based on the assumption I want 100k length novels. Of course, I already have Lilith almost finished, and two others half way done in addition to Jeremiah. This decreases my remaining word quota and brings me closer to rewriting and publishing.

I know I can do it, but this week was hard. I was pretty sick and my brain was barely functioning. Thus I stopped writing for a few days. However, I got back on the horse and wrote over 2k so far today.

Like all goals, the issue is maintenance. I need to maintain consistent movement towards this library I'm writing. Consistency has not been my strong suit. I know how it needs to be done, but I have difficulty. In the past I was easily distracted. My hope is that by documenting my goal publically and pushing toward it with people watching, I'll get there. Plus, I'm pretty confident. I've written books in short periods before and I can do it again. I just need to make sure I can get them published by my deadline.

There's also the need to blog and tweet this to maintain accountability.

All that is to say, help a girl out! Keep me honest and cheer me on! I might be crazy. I've got the slightly manic laughter to prove it. Still, I think it's going to be fun and you're going to love it. You'll probably like my books too.

And now, GERONIMO!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.6

No comments:

Post a Comment