Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Full Stop - A Mandatory Break

Last week was rough. This past weekend was rough. Now today...

I slept until 1:30. I couldn't help it. Okay, I woke up with the sun and did a few things, but then I went right back to sleep. I woke up again at 11:30 and tried to do a few things like use the bathroom and drink some water. Even doing basic tasks like that, I was falling asleep. I think the only reason I woke up at 1:30 and finally got out of bed was because it was so hot on my second floor I couldn't handle it any more. Otherwise, I might have slept until Christian got home. :-/

Needless to say, when I looked at the print format template for JEREMIAH, I wrote the name of the book and added chapter sections to the template. Then I stopped.

This is the most sluggish I've been since the first trimester. I hope it's not related to the tea my midwife advised me to drink (nettle). I had that the first time today and I'm not sure if I was supposed to feel any different but the only difference I've experienced today is a total and utter exhaustion.

Of course, it could be completely unrelated to pregnancy and more to do with the whirlwind of stress in my life right now.

Whatever the cause, I'm laid up. Nothing is happening. Not today anyway. If I were to force myself to do anything today, I think it would be a disaster. I'd make mistakes and end up having to redo everything anyway. That's not the way to go about reaching your publishing goals.

Unfortunately, when you're a super prego lady, some days you just have to curl up, nap, and/or read a book. Today is one of those days for me. Send me good thoughts that tomorrow can be productive despite the worship committee meeting that will take me away from my laptop for several hours...I can't afford another day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment