Monday, March 17, 2014

One Week Later - 2014 Writing Plan In Action

I can't believe it took me this long to figure out the best way to divide and conquer writing! Why didn't I do this before?!

So far reaching my daily goal has been very doable for me. When I have a day that I can't for some reason, I just make up the difference the next day. I've been following this plan for a week and I'm actually a little ahead of my word count goals AND I'm finished with my first book and have moved onto the second which may be finished sooner than I expected.

Phew!

Things are moving faster than I anticipated in part because my word counts were just estimates. In some cases they were pretty far off (50% off for several of the non-fiction pieces). It also helps that I had some of the writing done already (in one form or another). In short, I'm jamming. It's a great place to be. It's a place of power.

I feel so empowered by the movement on my 2014 writing plan, I'm already aggressively pursuing other things (after I meet my word count daily that is!), including where we want to live etc. I've been doing yoga every night along with journaling. The whole thing has made my life so much clearer. I feel like a completely different person.

Now that I've taken some of the clear steps I have to figure out the next ones - such as promotion (i.e. how to get the readers), how to get the house, the car, and make the connections I need to make. I wanted to share my immediate joy with you now, and let you know how helpful I've found this process so far. Next time (or at least soon) I'll share with you some of the insights I've come across in promotion etc. Hopefully they'll shed some light on things for other writers and creatives in similar situations.

And now some more steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment