3. Splattered wax
4. Some kind of glue
5. Barbecue sauce (this was also throughout various kitchen surfaces including inside multiple cupboards)
6. Pancake batter
7. Pink paint... or something
8. Green chalk
9. Blue chalk
10. Scuff marks
11. Finger prints of varying degrees of dirt and or grime
Other unusual things include:
1. Fan chain ornament was removed and replaced with less expensive and less pretty thing.
2. Cracked counter.
3. Pen on the inside of the freezer.
4. Glow bracelets in freezer.
5. Travel mug... dirty.
6. Toothpicks in bathroom tub drain.
7. Crayon in kitchen cupboard.
8. 2 leather jackets in attic.
9. 2 murals - large - on walls
10. Multiple patch jobs on walls and doors.
11. Hole in wall unpatched - large.
12. Ceiling paint scratched off completely in small area as well as the word 'hi'
13. Thick layer of black dirt along garage door jamb
14. Outline of furniture along walls, in dirt.
15. Strange red marks in various places throughout house.
This is what we found... in addition to the gouges in various parts of our walls.
My only conclusion is that our previous renters' children never bathed and spread their filth everywhere in the house without repurcussions. I wonder if they thought they left the place clean... I also wonder if Karma is a real thing, and if it is, why did I have to deal with this? And if it is, what do they get?
Needless to say, we're done. We aren't going to ever live here again. Time to get out of Dodge, as they say. We're selling and cutting our losses.
To those of you out there renting, be nice. Not all property owners are wealthy landed gentry. Many are just like us. Treat the place well. Be gentle. Maybe even clean once in a while. Trust me, it's a good idea.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4