Monday, October 14, 2013

NaNoWriMo with a Baby?!

I have a plan.

Nope. Not at all.

I am however, going to attempt NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) this November with the kiddo. Even thinking about this makes me sigh like Sisyphus watching the boulder rolling back down...yet...I am compelled.

The crazy ambition inside cannot be stymied. I may have been only half successful with my writing challenge this past summer, but I'm eager to put my writing discipline to the test. Just how much can I write while having a baby strapped to my chest (by the way, he's in a K'tan right now sleeping as I type!)? How much formatting can I do? How much publishing can I do? Can I get an entire book done in a month with a new baby?

*devilish grin*

You bet I can. I just have to figure out how (though I think wearing kiddo in the K'tan while I type is a good start).

The other somewhat lesser challenge is determining which book to write. Okay, that's probably a very minimal challenge. Though I did start writing FAMILY, FRIEND, or FOE a few days ago, I barely have 3 pages. Yes. 3. Sigh. It has to be a similar length as the other books in the series (approximately 130k) which is about twice the length of the expected NaNoWriMo creation. SO...I think that even though I started the book in October (NaNoWriMo is in November remember!) I can get away with passing it off as a November book. I mean, 130k is no small feat, even without a baby.

I'm getting starry-eyed. If I can actually do this, oooh! That would be amazing! I mean, no success seems to be enough for me (a curse and a blessing), but it might go a long way to affirming my skills and abilities. An indie writer could always use that.

Wish me luck...and a few thousand words this week before our move!

No comments:

Post a Comment