Saturday, January 3, 2015

My 2015 Vow

Everyone needs the obligatory "New Year's" post, so here is mine for 2015 - from a professional and personal perspective (my parenting one can be read here).

I'm not sure about this "resolution" business, but I can keep a few promises. I think promises hold more weight for me. Maybe you have been successful with resolutions. I feel like often they set us up for failure either because they are too vague, too unrealistic, or because they reflect someone else's ideals and expectations. I want to foster success throughout my life and to do that, I feel like re-packaging and acceptance are important. With these things in mind, this is my 2015 vow - my promises for the following year:
  1. I promise to only ever be myself and honor my preferences and artistry - despite applause, mockery, attacks, compliments, snide tones, as well as disparaging body language or facial expressions.
  2. I promise to continue my personal development in all aspects of myself - spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically, and socially.
  3. I promise to be grateful every day for the blessings in my life, no matter how big or small.
  4. I promise to lift up those around me, in an effort to be a force for positive movement in the world.
  5. I promise to ask for help when I need it.
  6. I promise to smile, laugh, sing, and dance every day.
  7. I promise to do everything I can to put out a few good books (3 with luck and perseverance).
I wish you all a wonderful 2015 full of blessings and personal growth. I feel like it's going to be a good year for our family and myself in particular. I can't wait to see what it holds! Happy 2015!

Do you have resolutions this year? Promises? What do you want for yourself this next year? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment