Thursday, September 8, 2011

Bullfighting - Getting Out of Mediocrity

I am at a sort of holding place. It's not the kind where you sit slumped against the side wall, your eyes glazed as drool drips down your chin. No, this is something different.

I feel like a bull ready to burst into the ring. I'm hitting and bucking against anything trying to control me, and yet, I am controlled. I'm subdued, even, under the power of obligation and corporate whim. It's a horrible situation, and yet, so many of us are stuck in the same predicament.

Someone tweeted recently that mediocrity is guarded by the masses while a select few strive for greatness. You need the mediocre. You need plain to exist. Just like capitalism requires people to be unemployed or low skilled, we need mediocrity. Otherwise, how can we know what greatness is?

Well, I don't know how long this greatness thing needs to brew, but I'm getting antsy in this little pre-fight holding pen. I'm ready now. Unfortunately, we have to wait. Greatness isn't something that happens over night (unless you are born into someone else's greatness through family name and connection). It is by and large something you have to work towards.

In the mean time, I'm going to keep pounding against the wall until I break out of the whole arena. Good thing I'm so stubborn... or else I might give up, and that's just stupid.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment