Tuesday, September 27, 2011

To Quit or Not to Quit - When Life Interferes With Writing

Last night I got home from work and I just couldn't write. It wasn't because I didn't want to, it was because my eyes were so tired that I couldn't focus on the screen.

One of the things I've realized about myself is I am less and less motivated by money. More and more I find myself interested in general happiness. Happiness doesn't come from working at an information age factory. For me, it comes from spending time with good people, working out, and writing.

I'm excited because I have yet another interview tomorrow and it looks like my house will close earlier than expected. All these things put together are moving me in a direction that is palatable to favorable for my goals. Thank GOD!

Because of this, I find myself less and less interested in sticking out a day or a week at my present job. I feel like a senior in high school with a bad case of senioritis. I haven't done anything yet to get myself fired, but I'm dangerously close. My husband is encouraging me to do something over the top to quit. I'm less inclined. We'll just have to wait and see.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment