Monday, June 3, 2013

Major Blog Changes

Okay guys. I have a plan and I'm going to be implementing it in the next two weeks.

As some of you may know, I have several other blogs I've been sitting on for a while. It is officially time to resurrect them. The reason is the purpose for this blog has changed, and the content I'm writing has changed.

After reading a number of blogger sites about blog development, demographics, advertising, sponsors, and marketing, it makes the most sense to split my posting between my interests in a reasonable and understandable way.

This means I will no longer be posting daily, but several times a week on this blog, as well as a new blog I will devote to parenting/pregnancy etc (which will hopefully be up by the end of the week...or tomorrow). I will continue to post some general life posts here on this blog, however this will primarily be my fiction/creative non-fiction blog. Likewise, I will have a self-development/awesome blog where I just put how-tos and examples of going big v going home (and some updates on how I've made certain things in my life work *well*). Posts to this self-development blog, as well as a fourth blog (related to religion) will only happen once a week. These posts will all be SCHEDULED so there will be posts happening regularly on specific days for each blog.

The reason I'm doing this is because my interests are pretty wide. I think it will be easier to tailor my posts for my audiences, as well as build better connections with fellow bloggers and potential affiliates. For those who aren't interested in my fiction exploits, you can avoid them. For those who aren't interested in my pregnancy exploits, you'll never have to see them. Plus I think Adsense will, well, make more sense on the blogs. Right now it appears confused. :-/

As these changes take place, please be patient. There are probably going to be some hiccups along the way. I will be experimenting with some things, so the blogs may look slightly different for a little while.

Please let me know if you have had any success with certain widgets/gadgets/blog-related things in the comments below (or mention me on Twitter: @alexisdonkin). I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment