Wednesday, November 20, 2013

NaNoWriMo Flop

Well this has been a complete flop.

Between growth spurts and negotiating my new living situation NaNoWriMo has been nearly impossible. I got to almost 30k (which is about half the length of many novels for the challenge). That's about a quarter of what I need to have written and November is almost over. Plus there's Thanksgiving which will guarantee another 4 days of no writing.

Some might say I should push through and get my writing done. Here's what I say to you: I have a permanent headache from sleep deprivation. When baby sleeps, I don't want to write. I want to nap. I haven't been able to get my exercise in, let alone my writing. I'm barely functional.

This, I'm told, changes a little after the fourth trimester, which I need. I need to write. It's driving me crazy not being able to hammer out 11k in a day because I can't nurse and type at the same time. The only way I'm able to blog is through my phone while nursing (like right now) which makes it really hard to share my posts (I need a computer for that).

I think I need speech to text software. I see Dragon in my future...either that or book 4 is going to take a lot longer to finish (Another year?? Eek!).

No comments:

Post a Comment