Thursday, April 10, 2014

2014 Master Writer Plan Update: April

The 2014 Master Writer Plan is going...alright.

So far I've been consistent in reaching my weekly word count goals, which is FAN-FRICKIN-TASTIC! As I expected, I didn't get a book published or cover done in March, which was fine.

Here is where I am in April:
  • 2 covers finished (for the first 2 books)
  • Consistent blog posting and better interaction with readers/fans/followers
  • 2 books edited, proofed, and formatted
  • 2 other books are approximately half-way written (one non-fiction and another fiction)
  • Weekly word count goals have been met/exceeded since declared plan even if some days are slightly lacking which means...
  • Monthly word count goals have been met/exceeded
First I'd like to say that I am thrilled with my progress. I'm half-way through the writing portion of my goal (at least by book, by word...the biggest slog will be Khloe...*cringe*). I've started a non-fiction series which I think will be a great success (tied directly to my parenting blog).

There have been some bumps along the way. I've been working to add navigation to my books and I'm having trouble doing so. Needless to say, this has been incredibly frustrating and in order to get it right, I need a block of several hours to go through the book and write out all the section titles and assign hyperlinks to them and bookmarks. It's a pain in the ass (especially for the 52 Lists book...as you can imagine). That said, it's a good idea to do things like this because it makes it a lot easier on readers and the easier things are on readers, the more likely they will enjoy the book and recommend them to friends. So I cross my fingers and hope this is appreciated and not taken for granted (though if it was me, I'd probably take it for granted so...).

The nice thing is, the more I do these things, the easier they get. Writing more books? Easy peasy. Editing and proofing? Getting easier. Cover art? Easy. Formatting? Definitely getting easier and more streamlined (phew!). Publishing? Much easier.

Now I just have to get this mothering thing under wraps...

No comments:

Post a Comment