Monday, April 27, 2015

THRIVE Book Launch Week 5: Grateful

I am jumping out of my skin because I am SO excited.

I am excited about revelation, helping people, transformation, joy, heartache, and the power and strength my journey has given me.

I am excited by the wonderful people who surround me with love and life every day. What wonderful people the world has made! How lucky I am to be blessed with them in my life!

I am so grateful for the support I have received for this project (THRIVE) already. It feels as though I am walking with arms wrapped around me, hugging me, urging me, holding me up, and pushing me ever forward - picking me up at the slightest stumble.

You, my dear friends, are what this is all about. Really. And I love each and every one of you. I really, truly do.

I would be a fraction of myself without you - a lone filament. This, I know beyond doubt, as you prove yourselves time and again. No one is alone. Each person is a moment - a point in time, in a network of relationship. Touch a thread, and ripples move across the web. And when I reach out, I see more connections than I ever expected. And this - this is glorious.

*********************
LAUNCH UPDATE

This past week went in a slightly different direction than I anticipated, in part because I had a mini burnout, inspired partially from computer troubles. Thankfully my wonderful partner corrected that. So this is what I completed in the last week:
  • 90% LOVERS & RIVALS revamped
  • Author website up and running (domain and hosting purchased etc) - http://alexisdonkin.com
  • Outreach to target group of magicworkers for campaign/marketing advice
  • Tweaking and completion (really this time!) of THRIVE manuscript
  • Developing database of contacts to receive press kit (in hopes of securing speaking engagements and possible book purchases)
  • Blog posts
  • Patreon posts
  • Brainstormed/outlined serialized writing for Patreon subscribers (more on this later!)
  • Brainstormed additional tabs for website (influences with relevant links?)
  • Implemented daily back-ups of documents
  • Outreach to author forums for social media boost & marketing advice
  • Made social media picture posts
  • Updated social media
    • Linkedin
    • G+
    • Facebook author page
    • Twitter
    • Patreon
This week I hope to get the following done:
  • LOVERS & RIVALS 100% revamped
  • BROTHERS & L&R covers revamped
  • BROTHERS & L&R revamped books on Smashwords & Amazon
  • Patreon uploads (first look at me reading book excerpt? artwork inspired by novels?)
  • Videos - 
    • intro to author site
    • intro to Patreon, 
    • Patreon thank you 
    • reading book excerpt?
  • Blog posts (of course)
  • Begin revamping LILITH & AMMON
  • Continue developing THRIVE contact database
  • Do social media/marketing planning with magicworkers
  • Contact blogs/influencers about guest posts/blurbs for book(?)
  • Finish formatting THRIVE for publication
It is a lot. I know. BUT... we're coming up on the pre-order date for THRIVE (May 15) and I need to have as much ready as I can. The more preparation, the better this whole enterprise will be.

P.S. If you want to be a part of the journey....LET ME KNOW! I need a team of committed ambassadors for THRIVE. It is an important book with an important message and I want it to help as many people as it can. With your help, its reach increases!

No comments:

Post a Comment