Thursday, May 9, 2013

SUMMER WRITING CHALLENGE: Day 2

I'm continuing with BELOW THE BELT (well, until it's finished in its first draft anyway). That means I started today where I left off, at 60,334 words. In order to meet my goal I needed to reach 64,834 words. When I finished for the day, I had 64,971! SUCCESS!

I'm excited because by forcing myself to work on this book, I was able to figure out a great ending. This was one that I had really struggled with. I had such a big thing happen in the middle of the book (you'll have to read it to find out - I refuse to spoil it, because it would be a MAJOR spoiler if I say any more) that it was incredibly difficult to know where to take the book from there.

Instead of moving in a direction I expected, I went some place that I never thought I would - and LOVE it! The characters have grown much more complex and everything is much more interesting than I anticipated.

Of course, I still need a number of chapters to get to a suitable ending (so that it feels finished), but at least now I have a vague idea what that ending will look like.

I'm so glad I started this writing challenge. It's doing things for my writing and pushing me in ways I didn't expect. I can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment