Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Worst Pregnant Night

I didn't get to sleep until late. This was partially because my mind was going, partly because I had bad heartburn to the point that nothing I did made me comfortable. Eventually my need for sleep won out, however.

I slept for maybe 2 hours. Then I woke up with horrible heartburn, but I wasn't convinced I was hungry. I took a Tums. Christian was wandering around so I was alone and grew anxious.

When he returned I still had heartburn and then had shooting breast pain (as though someone was stabbing me repeatedly - yeah, that was fun!). I tried to go to sleep but had heart palpitations and felt short of breath (could have been caused by all manner of things). So I lay in bed trying to relax.

I started reading articles about all kinds of things.

That carried me to about 7 am. I slept 2 hours. I woke up with horrible heartburn. I ate breakfast. Exhausted, I went back to sleep. I woke up again at 11 am. I still felt funky. I got lunch. I took a walk. The movement pulled a muscle in my belly or something, making it nearly impossible to walk back to my car.

Oh, did I mention the headache and general weird tummy feeling I've been sporting since lunch? Yeah. So that's a thing.

Needless to say, work was a no-go today. By the time I got home from my walk I felt like I would collapse. I don't relish the thought of keeling over while trying to wrangle 5th graders. No need to freak them out (or my husband who would inevitably be called to come get me or meet me at the hospital if such a thing happened at work).

The moral of the story? Pregnant bodies are out of control - literally. Sometimes the only thing we preggo ladies can do is drink some water, take a Tums, and rest.

Incidentally, I believe reading is in my near future...after my nap of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment